Date:      Thu, 1 May 1997 19:50:06 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Kenneth Ingham <ingham@i-pi.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   2.2 and driver allocation failed

I thought I had seen an answer to this go by, but I couldn't find it in
the archives.

I have a Dell Latitude XP 468 laptop and I just upgraded from an old
2.2-SNAP (from 1996) and PAO to 2.2.1-RELEASE.  Obviously something has
changed about how PC Cards are handled.  I had no problmes with the
SNAP, but the upgraded version is complaining:

cardd[pid] driver allocation failed for 3Com Coproration

I'm using the same config file that I was using on the SNAP for the
kernel.

What's different that would be causing this error?

Thanks.

Kenneth