Date:      Tue, 8 Oct 1996 21:21:48 -0700 (PDT)
From:      -Vince- <vince@earth.gaianet.net>
To:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BootEasy

On Tue, 8 Oct 1996, Doug White wrote:

> > > They don't -- the BIOS doesn't support it.
> >
> > 	Shouldn't the second HD be able to boot if the BIOS of the
> > motherboard supports both primary and secondary interfaces?
>
> The SECOND HARD DRIVE in the system, yes. (I can't remember if it must be
> on the primary controller or not.) The THIRD DRIVE no. The BIOS contains
> two identifiers for boot disks:  0x80 and 0x81.  These are assigned to the
> first two disks found (except on some scsi controllers which can control
> which designation is put on each disk).

	The second drive is on the primary controller since it won't make
sense to put the second drive on another controller.  I wonder what made
the Booteasy menu change to not support the second drive when the third
drive is connected to the secondary controller...

Vince - GaiaNet Corporation Unix Networking Admin