Date:      Wed, 10 Oct 2012 10:54:50 -0500
From:      Jeremy Messenger <mezz.freebsd@gmail.com>
To:        Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "A.J. Kehoe IV \(Nanoman\)" <nanoman@nanoman.ca>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, Michael Gmelin <freebsd@grem.de>
Subject:   Re: HAVE_GNOME vs. bsd.ports.options.mk

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 5:57 AM, Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@freebsd.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 12:33:22PM +0200, Michael Gmelin wrote:
>> On Wed, 10 Oct 2012 12:25:27 +0200
>> Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org> wrote:

>> > Which ports are you speaking about? given that HAVE_GNOME:#gnomelibs
>> > is refering to gnome 1.4 I think this part can safely be dropped out.
>> >
>> > regards,
>> > Bapt
>>
>> I'm talking about the feature in general, it also applies to
>> HAVE_GNOME:Mesound, HAVE_GNOME:Mpygnomeextras etc.
>>
>> I stumbled over this while converting polish/gnugadu2 to OptionsNG
>> (http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=172427).
>>
>> Michael
>>
>> --
>> Michael Gmelin
>
> imho HAVE_GNOME should die, as autodectection of what you have does not fit at
> all with package building. Thing shouldn't been added magically because they are
> on your system but only on explicit demand of the maintainer/user.

See here: http://markmail.org/message/vmjueo2chuub5m2p  (read all
threads, please)

I have made suggests on what to do. Please contact with A.J. Kehoe IV.
I suggested him to create a team to work on get rid of HAVE_GNOME. He
even has created a wiki page about it at http://wiki.freebsd.org/Gnome
.

A.J. Kehoe IV, sorry, my time is very limit right now. Maybe now you
will have more people that can help you after this email. Who knows.

Cheers,
Mezz

--
mezz.freebsd@gmail.com - mezz@FreeBSD.org