Date:      Sat, 1 May 2004 18:22:46 -0600
From:      Robin Schoonover <end@endif.cjb.net>
To:        Aleksandar Simic <zen13038@zen.co.uk>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Improving /usr/ports/Makefile  ?

On Sun, 2 May 2004 00:53:33 +0100, Aleksandar Simic wrote:
> Hello,
>
> from time to time you see people asking on questions why is it that
> their 'make index' is failing after they cvsup-ed all but excluded
> some region specific ports directories, most commonly:
>
> arabic, chinese, hebrew, hungarian, japanese, korean, polish,
> portuguese, russian, ukrainian, vietnamese
>
> Could a check be added to see if the above directories, or any other
> 'undesirable' ones are non existant and if they are, that they should
> be ignored ?
>

> Something like this:
>

> *** /usr/ports/Makefile	Sat May  1 14:20:36 2004
> --- /tmp/Makefile	Sat May  1 09:27:44 2004
> ***************
> *** 1,66 ****
> --- 1,186 ----
>   # $FreeBSD: ports/Makefile,v 1.82 2004/04/02 07:25:23 kris Exp $
>   #
>
> + .if exists (${.CURDIR}/accessibility)
>   SUBDIR += accessibility
> + .endif

I'd rather have something like

.for TCAT in ${SUBDIR}
.  if exists (${.CURDIR}/${TCAT})
_SUBDIR_C+= ${TCAT}
.  endif
.endfor
SUBDIR=${_SUBDIR_C}

attached after all the SUBDIR lines instead because it adds less clutter
to the actual SUBDIR listing, which makes it a little eaiser (IMO) to
read.

Of course, then Oliver just had to point out it that it doesn't matter
because make index would fail anyway.  So much for my careful checking to
make sure my 6 lines worked. :P

--
Robin Schoonover (aka End)
#