Date:      Wed, 25 Feb 1998 17:26:12 -0800
From:      Jim Heintz <jheintz@wayoutware.com>
To:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   How much XFree86 is required?

Hello and please excuse this question if it has been asked before,
as I am new to this list.

Is the complete XFree86 installation required?

I would like to use this JDK implementation on a dedicated server.

I am root, but I don't have (easy) access to the console, and
no desire to run programs that require UI features.

According to (5. Other Packages needed) at http://www.freebsd.org/java/#ch-5
> XFree86 must be installed, even if you don't plan on using java.awt. This
> requirement will be removed in a future release.

Is there an estimate as to when this future release will be?

Thanks,

Jim Heintz
Owner/Developer
Way-Out Ware