Date:      Tue, 6 Jun 2000 14:21:03 -0400
From:      "Scott Johnson" <scott@dsuper.net>
To:        "FreeBSD" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   syslogd writing to console and every other terminal

Hi all,

	I have a very stupid problem, that I can't seam to find the answer to. I
have three FreeBSD machines, both 3.3 and 3.4 and they all get syslog data
written to any and all terminal/SSH sessions. I have removed the Console
entry from syslog on one machine, to see if these events are still being
reported. Answer: Yes. It's not just one program either (ftpd, natd,
sendmail, popper and ntpdate).

	I'm not sure how to turn this off on none console connections or on all
connections all together.

Thanks for any help,

Scott Johnson
scott@traffictech.com