Date:      Tue, 11 Sep 2007 11:05:03 +0100
From:      Gabriel Dragffy <gabriel@pixeco.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Hunks failed, is this bad?

Hi all

I hope you can help me.

I have a clean install of freebsd. I changed to /usr and made ports
directory. Then I ran portsnap fetch and then extract. Then I changed
to ports-mngmt/portmanager and did   make install clean.

When I try to install any port using either 'make install clean' or
'portmanager www/lighttpd' (for example) I see hunks failed in
stdout. As an exaple I saw one of these flas by when installing
lighttpd:

|--- /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk  Tue Nov  8 01:02:51 2005
|+++ bsd.port.mk        Wed Nov 16 02:16:57 2005
Patching file bsd.port.mk using Plan A...
Hunk #1 failed at 2049.
1 out of 1 hunks failed--s

As far as I can tell I see similar errors no matter what port I try
to install. Is this a problem?

Many thanks

Gabriel Dragffy