Date:      Mon, 24 Jan 2000 18:39:30 +0100 (CET)
From:      Andrej Brodnik (Andy) <brodnik@Dolinca.IBC.IskraSistemi.SI>
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd@si.freebsd.org
Subject:   lpt0, lpt, ... (several lpt-s) How to make them?

Hi there,

I'm trying to make a simple printer server out of old i386 box. The relevant
part of the kernel configuration file reads:

#--------------------------------------------------------------------
# Parallel-Port Bus
#
controller	ppbus0
controller	ppbus1
# Supported interfaces:
device		lpt0	at ppbus0	#Parallel Printer
device		lpt1	at ppbus1	#Parallel Printer

# ppc	ISA-bus parallel port interfaces.
#
device		ppc0	at isa? port "IO_LPT1" tty irq 7
device		ppc1    at isa? port "IO_LPT2" tty irq 5
device		ppc2    at isa? port "IO_LPT3" tty irq 5

The FreeBSD indeed recognizes ppc0 and ppc1 devices and also lpt0 and lpt1 are
properly made on the /dev directory. Furthermore, printing on the lpt1 printer
works perfectly. However, printing on the lpt0 does not work as it should; the
printer (old Fujitsu) prints a line and then waits for a couple seconds
(approx. 4 seconds) and prints the next line (and so on). Indeed, the whole
file is printed out, but this is not how I'd like it working -- i.e. in the
same way as lpt1.

What do I need to change? What am I doing wrong? I will greatly appreciated
any/all help!

Thanx in advance!

Andrej