Date:      Mon, 24 Apr 2006 21:39:13 -0700
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tao.thought.org>
To:        Danny Pansters <danny@ricin.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Firefox::::: ugh.

On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 03:10:01AM +0200, Danny Pansters wrote:
> On Tuesday 25 April 2006 02:35, Gary Kline wrote:
> > 	If firefox is supposedly superior to every other browser,
> > 	why, when it sees a realplayer "smil" file, does it pop up
> > 	a rectangle with radio-button  options and a "BROWSE" button?
> >
> > 	I press BROWSE and another frame opens.  I click on X11R6 and
> > 	eventually get to bin, and there the only file I see is
> > 	"xauth".  ...CCan anybody 'splain this?
> >
> > 	gary
>
> Set mime types and handlers correctly?
>
> I use KDE and konqueror, but once in a while I have to set some mine type ->
> handler things and it looks like you got a similar thing.
>
> Dan

	Ok, *which* mimetypes?  There are mime files in ~/. and in
	various ~/.mozilla directories?  At least 2 in .mozilla--
	one for firefox, one for mozilla.  These are named
	mimeTypes.rdf.  Be nice if firefox considered that thhere
	are a few of us old time CLI guys still around!

	With mozilla, there are places to type in specs about the
	"helper" apps; things such as files suffixed with ".smil"
	use realplay.  As do several other files.  Both realplay
	and mplayer can do everything (in theory); I've stuck
	with realplay.

	thanks, Dan, but I'm still lost.

	gary

--