Date:      Sun, 27 Sep 1998 14:34:50 -0400
From:      Antony Ben Aycock <abaycock@pontapora.com.br>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SerialPort Detection Problem

--------------0ACE04EBB5AEC677F271ADCE

Antony Ben Aycock wrote:

> Just had to change  my Mainboard because of failing DMA's. Everything
> was finebefore this,
> New board  TXpro-II    M571-H    with AMI bios  05-06-1998
>
> On booting "sio0 not found at 0x3f8"      which disables mouse use.  The
> system does recognize the modem set up on the sio1 resources but fails
> to recognize the "onboard serial ports" even if you specifically assign
> them the standard resource settings in BIOS setup. Have tried various
> configs.
>
> Anyone with suggestions, fixes, or work arounds for setting up the
> mouse????
> Thanks from the jungle.

  I got some feedback on the earlier posting (above) which directed me to
the "Lemis" workaround hack..  GUESS WHAT???   I doesn't work on this board
TXpro-II..  I'm depressed.

Suggestions appreciated.

Have requested info from factory tech and other sources but have had no
replies as of yet. Hopefully the new tendency towards UNIX style OS's will
cause the hardware manufacturers to investigate the quirks in their boards
before launching things which basically only run straight "Gatesdows"
applications. (This board even requires maniacal configuring to make DOS
safe mode games run correctly. DON'T BUY ONE)          Mad jungle dweller.

--------------0ACE04EBB5AEC677F271ADCE

<HTML>
&nbsp;

<P>Antony Ben Aycock wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>Just had to change&nbsp; my Mainboard because of
failing DMA's. Everything
<BR>was finebefore this,
<BR>New board&nbsp; TXpro-II&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; M571-H&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
with AMI bios&nbsp; 05-06-1998

<P>On booting "sio0 not found at 0x3f8"&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; which
disables mouse use.&nbsp; The
<BR>system does recognize the modem set up on the sio1 resources but fails
<BR>to recognize the "onboard serial ports" even if you specifically assign
<BR>them the standard resource settings in BIOS setup. Have tried various
configs.

<P>Anyone with suggestions, fixes, or work arounds for setting up the
<BR>mouse????
<BR>Thanks from the jungle.</BLOCKQUOTE>
&nbsp; I got some feedback on the earlier posting (above) which directed
me to the "Lemis" workaround hack..&nbsp; GUESS WHAT???&nbsp;&nbsp; I doesn't
work on this board TXpro-II..&nbsp; I'm depressed.

<P><B><FONT SIZE=+2>Suggestions appreciated.</FONT></B>

<P>Have requested info from factory tech and other sources but have had
no replies as of yet. Hopefully the new tendency towards UNIX style OS's
will cause the hardware manufacturers to investigate the quirks in their
boards before launching things which basically only run straight "Gatesdows"
applications. (This board even requires maniacal configuring to make DOS
safe mode games run correctly. DON'T BUY ONE)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Mad jungle dweller.</HTML>