Date:      Tue, 18 Jan 2000 10:50:40 +0100
From:      Gary Jennejohn <garyj@peedub.muc.de>
To:        Shawn Ramsey <shawn@megadeth.org>
Cc:        Jim Conner <jconner@enterit.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: No buffer space?

Shawn Ramsey writes:
>AHow much memory do you have?  How much swap space you have available?
>

>Plenty of both... 198MB of RAM and about 320MB of swap space.

This message usually means that queued packets are not going out the
interface. If you ``ifconfig down'' followed by ``ifconfig up'' the
interface the queued packets will be discarded - easier than doing a
reboot.

IMHO this indicates that you have a problem with your hardware (NIC, hub,
switch, what have you).

This shows up alot with ISDN, that's why I know about it.

---
Gary Jennejohn / garyj@muc.de garyj@fkr.cpqcorp.net gj@freebsd.org