Date:      Mon, 02 Sep 2002 21:59:23 +0200
From:      Nino Dehne <freebsd-questions@0x54434D.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Ariel.Burbaickij@mni.fh-giessen.de
Subject:   Re: T-DSL with FreeBSD

Ariel.Burbaickij@mni.fh-giessen.de wrote:
> Hello list participants,

Hi Ariel,

> I have following problem using t-dsl + t-online bundled flat-rate
> offering of Deutsche Telekom AG (so I guess mail is of interest
> primarily to German FreeBSD users): Attempts to establish
> PPPoE connection leads to no success. Service-board technicians

your attached logs seem to be missing, so i'm just giving general
advice. I also assume you use userland ppp(8) with tun(4) and netgraph
PPPoE.

Did you check http://www.ruhr.de/home/nathan/FreeBSD/tdsl-freebsd.html
(german)? There are config examples on that page.

Just for reference a config sample that definitely works as I use it here:

default:
         ident user-ppp VERSION (built COMPILATIONDATE)

         # Ensure that "device" references the correct serial port
         # for your modem. (cuaa0 = COM1, cuaa1 = COM2)
         #
         set device /dev/cuaa1

         set log Phase Chat LCP IPCP CCP tun Command
         set speed 115200
         set dial "ABORT BUSY ABORT NO\\sCARRIER TIMEOUT 5 \
                 \"\" AT OK-AT-OK ATE1Q0 OK \\dATDT\\T TIMEOUT 40 CONNECT"
         set ifaddr 10.0.0.1/0 10.0.0.2/0 255.255.255.0 0.0.0.0
         set timeout 120
         set server /var/run/ppp.ctl "" 0177

         add default HISADDR
         enable dns
         resolv readonly

T-DSL:
         set device PPPoE:dc0
         set MTU 1492
         set MRU 1492
         set dial
         set crtscts off
         set speed sync
         accept lqr
         disable deflate
         disable pred1
         disable vjcomp
         disable acfcomp
         disable protocomp
         set log Phase LCP IPCP CCP Warning Error Alert
         set ifaddr 10.0.0.1/0 10.0.0.2/0 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0
         set login
         set authname <...>
         set authkey <...>

The default: section is tailored for modem use as I use that
occasionally. Most of the time I do 'ppp -nat -ddial -quiet T-DSL'.

> of Telekom state that there are no error neither in technical part
> of account  nor in adminsitrative(i.e.  server on the opposite side
> of connection functions properly , account is not adminstratively
> closed). It is, as already said, not possible to establish connection,
> though. I attach log protocol of connection attempt as I guess it
> might be of help. Please CC eventual answers to my mail account as
> I am not subscribed to the list currently. Your help will be appreciated.
> Additional information will be gladly provided upon request.

If you still fail, try sending relevant logs and check that you did get
the T-Online account string right (trailing @t-online.de is mandatory
for example). The URL I gave covers most of this, though.

> Yours sincerely
> Ariel Burbaickij

regards

Nino