Date:      Fri, 14 Feb 1997 10:52:49 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        dave@dogwood.com (Dave Cornejo)
Cc:        jb@cimlogic.com.au, rb@gid.co.uk, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, terry@lambert.org
Subject:   Re: MIME applications for FreeBSD

> > What are the licence restrictions on that source and things derived
> > from it?
>
> WordPad is a demo program for the "power" of MFC - so you'd have to
> port MFC to whatever to get it running.  I think that they also supply
> those on the 4.2 CD (I don't have mine here so can't check) but I'd
> expect that all those sources are meant for reference use by licensees
> of VC++ only...

You're permitted to use MFC on other platforms, but you must have a
copy of VC++ for each platform.

You are permitted to use and redistribute the code, so long as you
make "significant" improvement to it.

I'm betting you won't be able to get away with distributing the
sources, no matter how much you improve it, though there is nothing
that actually says you can't (most likely, they will redefine
"significant", as necessary, to prevent you from doing so).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.