Date:      Mon, 26 Jun 2000 22:15:20 -0700
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@gorean.org>
To:        mjacob@feral.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: puzzlement over some stuff in rc

Matthew Jacob wrote:

> I notice that /etc/rc has NFS mounts before network_pass3 is run.
>
> How is this expected to work- in particular loopback NFS mounts which
> depend on the nfs export stuff to be done?
>
> Anyone know, drop me a line- I'm not on -questions at the moment...

	I don't think anyone's given it that much thought, to be honest. If
everything works as it should, the mount should just sit there waiting
for the "remote" server to arrive. This would be a really good reason to
use the background option in /etc/fstab... that should insure that it
DTRT.

HTH,

Doug
--
        "Live free or die"
		- State motto of my ancestral homeland, New Hampshire