Date:      Mon, 14 Apr 2008 23:35:15 -0800
From:      Beech Rintoul <beech@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        tomasz dereszynski <tomaszd@paraklet.net>, =?iso-8859-1?q?S=E9bastien_Morand?= <seb.morand@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Skype

On Monday 14 April 2008, S=E9bastien Morand said:
> > did you try version from ports?
>
> Of course it's the the one which is not working actually and which
> gives me the white window with the grey band.
>
> Version downloaded by myself for a test is 2.0.0.68 and has some
> library missing, so it can't even start.
>
> Sebastien

I have ported that version as net/skype-devel with all the necessary=20
lib depends. Please update your ports tree then read UPDATING=20
20080318 and follow the install directions there. I have seen the=20
problem you're describing and it was caused by a hosed linux_base=20
install and was causing skype to fail. You should probably deinstall=20
everything linux, reinstall linux_base-fc4, then update as directed=20
in UPDATING. Please note that linux_base-f8 is still in development,=20
and your mileage may vary using that version.

Beech - skype maintainer

=2D-=20
Beech Rintoul - FreeBSD Developer - beech@FreeBSD.org
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | FreeBSD Since 4.x
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail   | http://www.freebsd.org
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail | Latest Release:
/ \  - http://www.FreeBSD.org/releases/7.0R/announce.html