Date:      Fri, 31 Aug 2001 09:50:30 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Default setting of pcardd_flags

In message <200108301752.f7UHqdR27370@ptavv.es.net> "Kevin Oberman" writes:
: I realize the pccardd as we know it will hopefully fade away before
: too long, but in the mean time, would it be reasonable to either make
: '-z' default with an option to turn it off or to put
: 'pccardd_flags="-z"' into /etc/defaults/rc.conf?

Well, it is going to have at least an 18 month time horizon.

: I have never found any problem with the use of this option other than
: a delay in the boot while the card in fully instantiated into the
: system. Am I missing something?

-z move the fork from before it reads the cards to after.  I don't
know if it is a good idea, since it takes so long to bring up a pccard
:-(

Warner