Date:      Wed, 17 May 2006 00:50:08 -0300
From:      Duane Whitty <duane@greenmeadow.ca>
To:        Norberto Meijome <freebsd@meijome.net>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Skype

Norberto Meijome wrote:
> On Tue, 16 May 2006 21:02:20 -0300
> Duane Whitty <duane@greenmeadow.ca> wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> Here is the procedure I used when trying to get skype to work:
>>
>> dwpc@ /root# brandelf -t Linux /usr/X11R6/bin/skype_bin
>> dwpc@ /root# skype
>> ELF binary type "3" not known.
>> skype_bin: 1: Syntax error: "(" unexpected
>>

> Hi there,
> Skype is running without a problem here.
> 6.1-STABLE FreeBSD 6.1-STABLE #3: Tue May 16 23:35:52 EST 2006
>
> skype-1.2.0.18      P2P VoIP software
>
> [snip]
>  8    1 0xc50fd000 19000    linux.ko

Hi Beto,

Darn ol' linux.ko.  That was the problem.  For some reason that module
didn't get loaded.  Sigh, I guess I need to say darn ol' operator, eh.

It worked immediately after I did kldload linux.

I always thought that that was what linux_enable="YES" in /etc/rc.conf did.

I guess I'll need to load it out of /boot/loader.conf.  I don't remember
doing this
before but maybe when I installed some linux program the installation
took care
of it for me.

So anyway.  Thank you very much.

Most Respectfully,