Date:      Wed, 05 Feb 1997 23:43:22 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Steven Wallace <swallace@ece.uci.edu>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: My resignation as president of the FreeBSD Project.

> So what type of retirement benefits does a FreeBSD president receive?
> Are they similar to a U.S. president?

Not really.  I get free news posting privileges and ops on #freebsd
for an additional 6 months so that I can have some last-minute fun
kicking the Linux weenies off, but that's about it.  No secret service
detail, no six-figure deal for my memoirs, no airports or freeway
bridges named after me (there was talk of the Fresno Dept. of Public
Works naming "the Jordan K. Hubbard memorial outflow relief valve #16"
after me, but that fell through when I lost out to Willard Scott in
the final vote).  It's kind of a let-down, really.  No farewell cake,
not even a bran muffin with a candle in it.  Oh well.  Life goes on.

> Are you still suppose to be called "Mr. President" even though you
> are really an X-"Mr. President"?

Actually, at this point my name changes to an obscure glyph that can
only be displayed in the KOI-8 font.  You can just refer to me as "the
core team member formerly known as the president" if it's easier.

				Jordan