Date:      Sun, 04 Jul 1999 19:15:35 +0300
From:      Jukka Leino <Jukka.Leino@a-lehdet.fi>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ppp and dns

Hi

I have FreeBSD 3.1 and I use ppp to connect internet.
What is right place to add my ISP domain nameserver
address. If I add it to /etc/resolv.conf my netscape
search it very long time at startup when I'm not
connected. I tryed to put "enable dns" in
/etc/ppp/ppp.conf but it rewrites the hole /etc/resolv.conf
and don't change it back when I disconnect.

So is there a way to add that ppp dns address so it's
only there when I'm connected.

As You can see I'm total newbie so any advice would be
wellcome.

Jukka