Date:      19 Oct 1999 04:45:37 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 3com 3c905c-tx-m NIC

ATeslik@aol.com writes:

> >>am sorry, but I have forgotten whether you are running 3.3 or 3.2.
> >>I believe the 'C' driver is new to 3.3, and does not exist in 3.2
>
> I'm currently running 3.2-RELEASE. Do I need to completely update to 3.3
> (RELEASE, STABLE, ?) or can I just grab the sources for the card and compile
> them into my 3.2 kernel? Also, just to make sure, those sources are

Afaik, getting the new sources is the recommended way of upgrading to 3.3.
In fact, I was running 3.0-RELEASE and used cvsup to upgrade to 3.3-STABLE
only last week.  Certainly a 'make workd' takes some time, but it's worth it
if your NIC does not work with an older release.

--
Giorgos Keramidas, <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
"What we have to learn to do, we learn by doing." [Aristotle]