Date:      Sun, 14 Oct 2001 07:51:59 -0600
From:      Joe <rootman22@home.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PKG_DELETE Saying "package not installed"...HELP

Hi,

I'm running FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE and have recently
upgraded my ports with CVSUP.

I recently moved from KDE 1.X to Blackbox and I'm
having trouble getting the bbpager to work.

It turns out that I installed the incorrect version of
bbpager (0.1.8) when I should have installed version
0.3.0

When I tried a "make deinstall" or PKG_DELETE on
bbpager, it always comes back and says "package
not installed".  It is installed though, because when
I do a "whereis bbpager", it finds it in /usr/local/bin

If I do a PKG_INFO, it's not listed.

I'm having this problem on a few other previously
installed ports/packages.

I've read man pkg_delete, the handbook and even
The Complete FreeBSD and can't figure out how to
fix this.  I've also searched the archives and didn't
find anything.

Can anyone help me fix this?

Thanks

Joe