Date:      Tue, 28 Mar 1995 08:20:23 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD hackers)
Subject:   Re: Yellow Byte CD-Rom Request

As Morgan Davis wrote:

> > Me too, just arrived.  It's addressed to my freefall account:
> > joerg@freefall.cdrom.com, which i'm only occasionally providing as
> > my address.
>
> Yes, I think they must have gotten a hold of the FreeBSD mailing lists
> or something.  I have e-mail accounts everywhere, but only the one
> that gets this list got the junk mail ad.

For me, they either have used cvs-commiters (unlikely), all my other
subscriptions refer to local lists.

It's more likely that they took the address out of a recent posting to
de.comp.os.unix, where i've translated Jordan's SNAP announcement.
I've put my freebsd.org address below, even though the reply-to and
from clearly displayed my original address.

They do a simple ``address collecting'' job, maybe even by grepping.

I've charged them the costs they've caused me, for the commercial
abuse...

--
cheers, J"org

joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/