Date:      Mon, 6 Nov 1995 16:01:14 +48000
From:      Gavin Lim <gavin@linux1.dlsu.edu.ph>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   /proc filesystem

Hello guys!  We're trying to save a process's state into a file.  This
would include the proc structure, user structure, kernel stack, text,
data, and stack regions of the process.

Is it possible to do this through the /proc filesystem?  If so, how do
you program /proc?  What are the file formats?  What do the files
(e.g. mem, status, regs, ctl, ...) stand for?  What references can you
recommend?

Another option we thought about is through the generation of a core file.
Does the core file contain the entire process state?

Any other suggestions saving the process state?  We'd really appreciate
all the help you can give us.  Thanks!

Please answer... :-(

Gavin Lim
Gavin@linux1.dlsu.edu.ph