Date:      Tue, 20 Jul 2004 08:49:42 +0200
From:      "Daniel Eriksson" <daniel_k_eriksson@telia.com>
To:        <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: HEADS UP [Re: thread+preemption stability improvement]

> I have set aside some time on the server (normally a busy=20
> production-type
> server) to try a few different configs (SHED_ULE instead of SHED_4BSD,
> turning off apic, removing polling) to see if any of them=20
> will have any
> impact.

I have just tried a number of different combinations of sheduler, acpi,
apic, polling, ...

No matter what I do, the only way to prevent errors like the one below =
seems
to be to run with preemption turned off.

Interrupt storm detected on "irq20: atapci4"; throttling interrupt =
source
ad20: FAILURE - already active DMA on this device
ad20: setting up DMA failed

See my recent mail on this list entitled "Kernel preemption leads to =
SATA
instability (how to debug?)" for machine configuration and further
information.

/Daniel Eriksson

Want to link to this message? Use this URL: <https://mail-archive.FreeBSD.org/cgi/mid.cgi?!~!UENERkVCMDkAAQACAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABgAAAAAAAAA0VcX9IoJqUaXPS8MjT1PdsKAAAAQAAAAdmIYthj07UGjiabwmpYACgEAAAAA>