Date:      Thu, 16 Mar 2000 09:39:08 -0600 (CST)
From:      Nathan Mahon <vae@socket.net>
To:        Eaglez <eaglez69@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 3c980B vs 3c905B

Actually, I was able to acquire a 3c980 for testing and noticed that IC
for IC
and transistor for transistor, it looked EXACTLY like the 3c905.
There are not more than one port on it, but i'll check out the webpage...

Hope the advantages aren't software only...

vae

On Wed, 15 Mar 2000, Eaglez wrote:

> Umm... As i recall, the 3c980x is a bigger board, it's
> got a lot of features, optimizing it as a server card.
>  I could be wrong, but i think there's more than one
> port on it. The 3c905x is more of a client card, more
> for just supplying 100baseTX.
> Check 3com's page again... there's a whole bunch of
> stuff it can do. i just forget at the moment.
>
> --- vaevictus@socket.net wrote:
> > IS there ANY difference between these cards?
> > 3c980B vs. 3c905B...
> >
> > I've looked at the boards and setup, and the only
> > difference i see is the paintjob.
> >

> > any insight?
> >
> > vae

> > with "unsubscribe freebsd-hardware" in the body of
> > the message

"Art may imitate life,
	but life imitates TV."
		--- Ani Difranco,