Date:      Sat, 7 Oct 2017 15:20:19 +0100
From:      tech-lists <tech-lists@zyxst.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   console-only freebsd

Hi,

I have a freebsd 11-stable installation on a (gutless) netbook. What I'd like
is full functionality via the console[1]. One of the things it needs is some
graphics capability but without xorg. So I'm thinking, svga or libSDL.
For example, let's say to view a jpg file. If this is possible from the console,
what program or port would one use to view a gif or jpg file?

[1] by console, I mean the consoles accessed via alt-f1 to alt-f7 [2]
[2] can the number of consoles be increased?

many thanks,
--
J.