Date:      Tue, 16 Dec 2003 14:16:50 +0000
From:      ict technician <ict@cardinalnewman.coventry.sch.uk>
To:        Tim Reinders <tim@foomatic.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problems with Adaptec 29320 Ultra320 SCSI adapter

On Tuesday 16 December 2003 1:50 pm, you wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-12-16 at 14:38, ict technician wrote:
> > Er, not much. Google for any of U320, 29320 or 336607 plus
> > site:.freebsd.org and you'll get more hits than Pete Waterman.
> >
> > Can you test patches or do you need it to work?
>
> I can test patches
>

> Thanks,
>
> Tim Reinders

I've asked the patch writer to include you. It's his choice of course.

While you're waiting here's the workaround script I've been using.

#cat /etc/rc.early
#!/bin/sh

/sbin/camcontrol tags da0 -N31
/sbin/camcontrol tags da1 -N31
/sbin/camcontrol tags da2 -N31
/sbin/camcontrol tags da3 -N31

32 is the recomended value, but I had a failure, hence 31.

I also have soft-updates off, mainly as I was getting panics and having
the file system trashed once a week. It's also been suggested that WCE
should be off.

--
i j hart

ICT Technician
Cardinal Newman Catholic School & Community College