Date:      Wed, 26 Dec 2001 20:18:30 +0100
From:      Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.xs4all.nl>
To:        Sven Hazejager <sven@chain.demon.nl>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on this Alpha board?

On Wed, Dec 26, 2001 at 06:14:33PM +0100, Sven Hazejager wrote:

Sven,

Can you get the DEC part# for it? Looks like 54-xxxxx-xx
and is somewhere on the mainboard (normally somewhere on the edge
of the board).

I should be able to verify using the docs I have what this board is.

Have you checked the docs for FreeBSD/alpha? I don't recall what
the 164LX can do as far as IDE goes

Wilko

> I'm in the position to buy a used Alpha motherboard with 256MB RAM
> and a 533 MHz CPU. It has 2MB cache, 2 ISA slots, 2 64-bit PCI slots and 2
> 32-bit PCI slots, so I *think* this is a PC164LX board. The seller says
> the BIOS is version 5.60-3.
>
> Now the question is: will 4.4-STABLE work on this board? Does it boot from
> large, modern IDE disks (ie. a 40 GB one)?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sven
>
> If I can have honesty, it's easier to overlook mistakes.
> 		-- Kirk, "Space Seed", stardate 3141.9

---end of quoted text---