Date:      15 May 2002 16:23:08 -0700
From:      Chip Wiegand <chip@wiegand.org>
To:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   makeworld problem - my first attempt at this

I have a spare machine with fbsd-4.4r on it, just a clean install, no X
or any apps other than cvsup and bash. I used stable-supfile to update
my sources and am now attempting my first ever makeworld process. Here's
where I am - I have read the UPDATING file and chapter 19 of the
handbook. I've done -
#make buildworld
#make buildkernel KERNCONF=GENERIC
#make installkernel KERNCONF=GENERIC
#shutdown now
#make installworld
	failed - required smmsp user is missing #/usr/src/usr.sbin/mergemaster
-p
	-p not recognized option
/usr/src/usr.sbin/mergemaster; make all install (without any options)
	would not run in single user mode so I rebooted and ran it in
	multiuser mode, it finished without any errors.
#shutdown now
#make installworld
	faild again, same message as before - required smmsp user is 	missing.
According to UPDATING running mergemaster would take care of 	this
problem.

That is where I am stuck. What to do now?
Thanks for the help,
Chip Wiegand
www.wiegand.org
chip@wiegand.org