Date:      Mon, 19 Jun 2006 10:23:59 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "R. B. Riddick" <arne_woerner@yahoo.com>
To:        Nick Borisov <neiro21@gmail.com>, freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: memory pages nulling when releasing

--- Nick Borisov <neiro21@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2006/6/19, R. B. Riddick <arne_woerner@yahoo.com>:
> > It was possible to transfer about 20MB of data over about
> > one hour from a single IP, that was never seen there before...
>
> Well, you are not goin' to say that was a great achievement of those
> administrators, are you? =)

No, I will not say or write, that they did a good job (especially because it
was possible to prove the "attack" after a few seconds (technically - since IPs
dont lie!?) and after a few minutes (administratively - since it was about
noon, so that the local administrators were present)).

There is even a cinema movie and a book about them (somehow there was some
loophole before...). Its is called "23", I think... Some people will never
learn... http://german.imdb.com/title/tt0126765/

-Arne