Date:      Thu, 29 Aug 1996 00:52:43 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <hoek@freenet.hamilton.on.ca>
To:        adrchew@pc.jaring.my
Cc:        "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Binary Attachments Via Sendmail...

On Thu, 29 Aug 1996 adrchew@pc.jaring.my wrote:

> > uuencode binary binary |sendmail recipient
>
> Thanks, that would work, except the recipients lack uudecode
> capabilities, MIME is preferable.

If you have a look at the ports, there are several packages that can do
MIME.  Both mpack and uudeview can do MIME-compliant base64 encoding,
break the file into multi-parts, and automatically email it.  I think
metamail can also do MIME stuff.

Base64 is arguably preferrable to uuencoding, anyways, so long as you
know the recipient can decode it.

--
Outnumbered?  Maybe.  Outspoken?  Never!
tIM...HOEk