Date:      Sat, 5 May 2007 06:10:44 +1000
From:      Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@optushome.com.au>
To:        David Kalliecharan <davidkallie@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: (no subject)

--TeJTyD9hb8KJN2Jy

On 2007-May-04 08:54:11 -0600, David Kalliecharan <davidkallie@gmail.com> w=
rote:
>I seem to have run into a snag as I am trying to install FreeBSD Stable or
>Current (preferrable stable) on a HP Pavilion dv6308ca AMD Turion X2, No
>avail not even with current (installer lags?) due to the ACPI? Cannot
>upgrade bios because it is at the highest version.

Can you be more specific about what problems you are seeing.  Are you
trying to install the i386 or amd64 version?  Does it work if you
disable ACPI?  Have a look through PR "i386/104678: SMP not working on
Turion XP Laptop" and see if this helps.

>Anyway I was wondering about installing FreeBSD Stable on a
>   Compaq Presario AMD Sempron Processor 3500+ 1.8GHz Laptop (V6317CA) -
>Future Shop Exclusive
>
>Will this go through the same problems as a dv6308ca pavilion?

Without knowing exactly what problem you are having on the dv6308ca,
it's difficult to answer this.

Note that, based on my experiences trying to resolve a faulty-on-
delivery laptop with HP Support , I would not recommend buying HP at
all.

--=20
Peter Jeremy

--TeJTyD9hb8KJN2Jy