Date:      Thu, 10 Nov 2011 01:49:04 +0200
From:      Aleksandr Rybalko <ray@ddteam.net>
To:        embedded@freebsd.org
Subject:   Ethernet switch framework

Hi "embedded" hacker!

one my good friend say it is good to have "public history of there being
work" :)

So I glad to introduce first patchset of the Ethernet switch framework,
and want to know what I do wrong or good? And which way would be
better?

Now it able control only VLANS on
Atheros AR8x16-like switches
Broadcom BCM5325-like switches
Realtek RTL8309-like switches
and on Ralink RT305xF internal switch.

Still with problems, but I care about it. :)

I will wait for any opinion.

Thanks!

Switch framework itself:
http://my.ddteam.net/files/2011-11-09_dev_switch.patch

Switch control utility: (dumb a little yet :) )
http://my.ddteam.net/files/2011-11-09_sbin_switchctl.patch

Patch that allow attach hinted PHY drivers:
http://my.ddteam.net/files/2011-11-09_dev_mii_mii.c_attach_hinted.patch

Add please by hands that into sys/conf/files
+dev/switch/switch_if.m		optional switch
+dev/switch/switchb_if.m		optional switch
+dev/switch/switch.c		optional switch
+dev/switch/switch_mii.c		optional switch mii | miibus
+dev/switch/switch_obio.c	optional switch obio
+dev/switch/switch_obio.c	optional switch_obio
+dev/switch/ar8x16_switch.c	optional switch switch_ar8x16
+dev/switch/bcm5325_switch.c	optional switch switch_bcm5325
+dev/switch/rt305x_switch.c	optional switch switch_rt305x
+dev/switch/rtl830x_switch.c	optional switch switch_rtl830x

WBW
--
Aleksandr Rybalko <ray@ddteam.net>