Date:      Mon, 30 Aug 2004 19:28:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      stheg olloydson <stheg_olloydson@yahoo.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        altonwong78@hotmail.com
Subject:   Re: 3Com Etherlink III ISA  support [was Question]

it was said:

>the version of FreeBsd that i've tried does not support the network
>card i have on the computer which is a "3Com Etherlink III ISA
(3C509b->TPO) in PnP mode" i would like to know which versions of
FreeBsd >supports this network card.

Hello,

I used that card in 2.2.2. (My first FBSD install!) As I remember, I
had to run a 3Com DOS utility to set the physical parameters manually.
Then I configured FreeBSD to use those settings.
I would think later versions would support that card, as well. You
probably just need to do what I did. If you don't have the 3Com disk,
you can download what you need from their site.

HTH,

Stheg