Date:      Wed, 26 Aug 2009 06:30:36 -0400
From:      Jerry <gesbbb@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Removing firefox-2.0.0.20_9,1 from system

I recently installed openoffice.org-3.1.0_2 on my system. For some
reason it brought in firefox-2 also. I all ready had Firefox-3.5
installed. I do not want or need two different installations of Firefox
on my system.

Firefox-2 appears to be required by these programs.

/var/db/pkg $ pkg_info -R firefox-2.0.0.20_9,1
Information for firefox-2.0.0.20_9,1:

Required by:
gegl-0.0.22_6
gimp-2.6.6,2
gimp-app-2.6.6_3,1
gimp-gutenprint-5.1.7_2
gimp-help-2.4.2_1
librsvg2-2.26.0_1

I am not sure why these programs require Firefox-2 since Firefox-3.5
was installed prior to their installation.

Is there any way I can safely remove Firefox-2 and force the use of
Firefox-3.5 instead without breaking anything?

--
Jerry
gesbbb@yahoo.com

Harp not on that string.