Date:      Sun, 8 Dec 2002 03:40:09 -0600
From:      "Charles Pelletier" <fozekizer@attbi.com>
To:        "dick hoogendijk" <dick@nagual.st>, "freebsd-questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: new ethernetcard

easy enuff..
you add the second card into rc.conf, but you also need to make sure that
freebsd recognizes the card...do a dmesg|more to make sure.

ifconfig dc0 1.1.4.1 netmask 255.255.255.0
ifconfig_ed0="DHCP"

the first card listed is my second card, used for the internal network..that
is the line you need to pay attention to. you must set its IP and netmask.
the second card is the primary card, the one originally in my system when i
installed fbsd for the first time.

Charles Pelletier
Tech. Coordinator
St Luke's School