Date:      Tue, 25 Jan 2000 01:45:08 -0800 (PST)
From:      lam <lam@NUXI.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   natd and dhcp, part deux.

Hi Group,

The original setup:
  An incoming ISDN is going into a 700 Cisco router; connecting an NT
workstation to my roomate's company (as a dhcp client).  Among normal
usage (webpage, wp, mail) that NT is also connecting to the company sun
servers with a X client (X reflection), for debuging/developing.

The improved setup:
  An 486 with 2 nics, one is connecting with the cisco router as a dhcp
client, the other nic is connecting with internal systems (the original
NT, a FreeBSD system, and more in the future, all are on one hub).  So
far, things seem ok with one exception.

The problem:
  The NT X Reflection (X client) is not working.  If I connect the NT
directly to the Cisco router, there is no problem.  As soon as I connect
my 486 router, the X client won't run at all.

How do I solve this problem? I also thank this group for helping me setup
the 486.  You can't imagine how those emails have helped me in the dark
hours. :-) I also hope I can solve this one.  I hate to put the original
setup back just because of one application.

Again, any clues are more than welcomed. :-)

---Lam

---Lam Nguyen