Date:      Tue, 14 Jan 2003 10:27:49 -0800
From:      wade <wade@wavefire.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   5.0 Freezes under high load with SMP.

Hello,
  After a few hicups which all seemed to cure themselves mysteriously, I
finally have CURRENT running on my machine.  I have found one completely
consistent problem that I could use some help with.

Although GENERIC functions perfectly, when I enable SMP in GENERIC, the box
freezes during big build jobs ( i.e. buildworld. ).  This box functioned
well in SMP mode und 4.7-STABLE.  The big problem is that freezing does not
leave core files or any other debugging information.

If anyone could suggest a method for tracking down the problem, that would
be great.  All I can tell is that this is definately SMP-related.  What do
I do now?  If there is more information I can provide, please let me know.

Hardware:
  ASUS CUV4X-D
  2 X PIII 600 MHz Coppermine.
  512 MB 133MHz RAM.