Date:      Mon, 15 May 2000 22:38:07 -0700
From:      Frankie Li <notme@lvdi.net>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Setup for SQL Servers

Hi,
	I am planning to build a system with Apache and SQL so that
the three people of my office can run the database off the server
from their machine. (We are currently connected at 10base-T, 3
machines total, no connection to the internet)  I am wondering what
kind of server setup would be adequate such that the search time for
the an item from the database is reasonable. (i.e., from 5-10 seconds)

The database is around 100 MB, and I anticipate it to grow at a stead.
All of the machines in the office are Celeron 400s with 64 MB of RAM,
10base-t connection.  Each machine has a printer of its own.

Services I need mostly is just local printing, invoice editing, and
add/remove from database new and old records of inventory.

My plan was basically work everything off a browser.  Of course some
Cgi will be used. :)

Is this setup actually feasible?  The server need not to run anything
else except for Apache, SQL, some small perl script or PHP.  What kind
of hardware would I need?  (i.e., how much RAM, processor speed... )
I will only have at most 4 people connected to the server at a time...
so...

Thank you very much for you advice!

Frankie