Date:      Wed, 10 Mar 1999 11:34:12 -0800
From:      Darryl Okahata <darrylo@sr.hp.com>
To:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   SMP benchmarks?

     Does anyone know of any SMP benchmarks?  In particular, I've been
wondering how much of an effect a 66MHz FSB has, compared to a 100MHz
one, and so I'm looking for something that runs on all CPUs and thrashes
the caches, so that I can get an idea of the effects of memory
contention and FSB speed (does it scale linearly with bus speed and
number of CPUs?).  (It might also be interesting to run, once processor
affinity is implemented.)

     Thanks.

--
	Darryl Okahata
	darrylo@sr.hp.com

constitute the support, opinion, or policy of Hewlett-Packard, or of the
little green men that have been following him all day.