Date:      Wed, 17 Jan 1996 17:34:22 -0700
From:      Wes Peters <wes@btsslc.com>
To:        andy@ple.sat.co.at (Pleschutznig Andreas)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to get YP to work ??

Pleschutznig Andreas writes:
> We have here following env.
>
> 	about 20 SUNS all running NIS+
> 	some PC'c running BSDI, or freeBSD
>
> And yesterday we wanted to hook those BSD machine together with the
> suns using yp. We finally got the connection up and running (checked
> with a network sniffer) but the password encryption always fails.
>
> Is there soneone out there who is willing to help us ?

Usually.

I assume your NIS+ server(s) is running on a Sun.  Have you told it to
be NIS compatible?  The NIS+ documentation will explain how to do this.
If you don't have the printed docs from Sun, mount the AnswerBook CD in
a CD-ROM somewhere and go peruse that.  Search for "YP".  ;^)

--

                        I'd rather be sailing.

Wes Peters                      BTS SLC                          wes@btsslc.com