Date:      Sun, 16 Feb 2003 20:27:47 -0500
From:      "Mezz bsdforums.org" <reigncracks@hotmail.com>
To:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Here's Lumiere 0.4 ports..

<snip>
> > Ok.. I did rm -rf /usr/ports/* twice (one last night and one today) and
> > still can't figure why RUN_DEPENDS doesn't work. Also, did the
> > buildworld/update kernel last night. Is there any way I can check what's
> > really wrong with it?
>
>Well, RUN_DEPENDS should look in the paths
>/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/local/bin.  Assuming that the mplayer
>binary exists in one of those paths, it should be found.  Like I said,
>the version I sent you found everything just fine.  If I go to
>Edit->Preferences in Lumiere, it shows Mplayer.

Well, actually, I uninstalled mplayer to test and it doesn't work. If I
install MPlayer from ports by myself, then do the make install Lumiere and
it works fine. It just will not install MPlayer by itself with this
RUN_DEPENDS.

Work:
======================
FETCH_DEPENDS
BUILD_DEPENDS
LIB_DEPENDS
======================

Not work:
RUN_DEPENDS
DEPENDS_TARGET

My problem is that.. I am not sure how to local the exact problem I am
having, like if there's something bug or my system is broke? Or, it just
doesn't work with MPlayer? Because, all other ports work fine with different
stuff in the RUN_DEPENDS beside MPlayer.

Cheers,
Mezz