Date:      Sat, 27 Mar 1999 11:35:11 -0500
From:      W Gerald Hicks <wghicks@bellsouth.net>
To:        nate@mt.sri.com
Cc:        obrien@NUXI.com, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: gdb 4.17

From: Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
> > Sure there is.  We've made some changes to the code generation bits in
> > the past.
>
> Right, but however maintains the compiler *OR* changes the code should
> run the regression tests.  The users shouldn't be saddled with them,
> since they will never run them (or have need to run them).

Some users like having the tests for experimenting with patches and
allowing the user base to help test the inevitable updates we'll be
seeing (EGCS is a fairly active project).

I suppose the EGCS port will remain useful for reconstructing the tests
if someone wants them.

Cheers,

Jerry Hicks
wghicks@bellsouth.net