Date:      Fri, 2 Aug 2002 12:23:36 +0400
From:      Andrew Kolchoogin <andrew@snark.rinet.ru>
To:        "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Comments on Release Building for -current

David,

On Fri, Aug 02, 2002 at 12:39:55AM -0700, David O'Brien wrote:

> The rest of the GCC using world can use -O2 on their code.  We are the
> only ones that have so much trouble with it.  It is probably due to our
> bugs, not GCC's.
sorry, but some time ago I read here that gcc -O2 breaks our printf() in
libc. I haven't find any assembler code in /usr/src/lib/libc/stdio/vfprintf.c,
as such, if some C compiler can't handle VALID and STANDARDS-COMPLIANT C code,
this compiler is broken. Isn't it?

Indeed, all of FreeBSD users could help to catch such a bug in gcc optimizer
code. :)

Andrew.