Date:      Tue, 24 Jun 2008 11:59:30 -0700
From:      Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
To:        Yavuz Maslak <maslak@ihlas.net.tr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: how to reject all mac addresses except some mac addresses using ipfw?

[ ...please don't top-post... ]

On Jun 24, 2008, at 11:42 AM, Yavuz Maslak wrote:
> But  I should have asked different my first question.
> I have meant that how can I restrict to use an ip address which I
> already
> assigned to a computer, anyone can use at his pc?

There is nothing which can prevent someone from configuring a machine
to use any IP address they want to set, assuming they have admin
access to that machine.

Normally, you don't grant physical access to your network for people
you don't trust, but if you need to provide network access to
untrustworthy systems, then you need to look into setting up access
control via VLANs, or maybe PPPoE, or something similar where you can
isolate their network and only let their traffic talk to other things
if they connect "properly"...

Regards,
--
-Chuck