Date:      Mon, 25 Feb 2013 18:19:25 -0800
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
To:        matt <sendtomatt@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fixing X220 Video The Right Way

On 25 February 2013 17:53, matt <sendtomatt@gmail.com> wrote:

> No, just one. I think that the DSDT is very creative on recent Lenovos
> (read: broken). There are multiple video devices defined, with
> "functional" calls that nonetheless don't work to actually do anything.
> The acpi_get_handle() call in acpi_video returns a handle that has no
> active outputs and doesn't have any control over the brightness. The
> other path can control brightness.

My T400 has:

vgapci0@pci0:0:2:0:     class=0x030000 card=0x20e417aa chip=0x2a428086
rev=0x07 hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'Intel Corporation'
    device     = 'Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller'
    class      = display
    subclass   = VGA
vgapci1@pci0:0:2:1:     class=0x038000 card=0x20e417aa chip=0x2a438086
rev=0x07 hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'Intel Corporation'
    device     = 'Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller'
    class      = display

And I get glitches in xorg on 9.1 when I have multiple windows of
different sizes.

Adrian