Date:      Tue, 28 Jan 2014 16:07:50 -0800
From:      "Stephen Forsyth" <mr.f@me.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Error compiling ports on FreeBSD 10 for ARM (Raspberry Pi)

Hi Ports subscribers,

I've been trying out a recent build of what may become the FreeBSD 10.0
release for ARM ("FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE (RPI-B) #0 r261135"). There
aren't any non-x86 pkg builds available yet, so I used portsnap to
install ports.

All the ports I have tried to install (tmux, curl, pkg, sudo) fail with
the same error:

   /usr/lib/libcrypto.a(pmeth_lib.o):(.data+0x0): undefined reference to
`rsa_pkey_meth'
   cc: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see
invocation)
   *** [pkg-static] Error code 1

For example, if I go to /usr/ports/sysutils/tmux and run "make install"
as root, and fifteen minutes later the build fails with this error.

Does anyone know how what the cause of an issue like this might be? I'm
relatively new to FreeBSD, so I'm out of my depth when it comes to
compile issues on a new architecture. Searches for rsa_pkey_meth linker
errors using a popular web search engine didn't yield anything that
looked useful. Are packages being signed after they are built?

Thank-you in advance for any thoughts or insights that you may have,

Steve.