Date:      Mon, 31 Mar 2003 14:53:42 -0800 (PST)
From:      John McClure <chromodromic@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Hell of a time, Cont'd

Firstly, thanks for the help so far.

My disk is an IBM 27G. The Disklabel config looks like
this:

Part     Mount          Size Newfs   Part
----     -----          ---- -----   ----
ad0s1a   /            1024MB UFS1    Y
ad0s1b   swap         1024MB SWAP
ad0s1d   /var          256MB UFS1+S  Y
ad0s1e   /tmp          256MB UFS1+S  Y
ad0s1f   /usr        23545MB UFS1+S  Y

Also, for the "f" partition I make sure that:
newfs -f 2048 -b 16384

As far as my installation specs go, I choose "All" to
install everything, including source, which I want,
and I choose the ports collection as well because it
feels me with a sense of divine power, and I also
actually use it.

As you can see, my /usr mount should have plenty o'
space.

When I specify mount points manually I enter "/" or
"/usr", not "mnt/usr". However, I've only, on most
tries, been specifying the root partition and swap, so
I can control those sizes, and letting the "Auto"
config take over after that.

Finally, when I create the initial slice, I allocate
the whole space for freebsd, which I want, and I press
"S" in order to ensure that it is bootable.

Thanks again. Any advice is hugely appreciated.