Date:      Sun, 12 Dec 2004 00:53:11 GMT
From:      Jamie Jones <jamie@bishopston.net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        jay@evilrealms.net
Subject:   bugs in ugen.h (and fix)

Trying to get the SpeedTouch ADSL modem to work with Freebsd 5.3-RELEASE,
I got the kernel error:

 | pppoa2 : pusb_endpoint_open failed
 |
 | WARNING: Driver mistake: destroy_dev on 238/1
 |
 | panic: don't do that

After some googling, I found a patch to ugen.h by Jay Cornwall, that
was posted to freebsd-current exactly a year ago today:

I applied this patch to the ugen.c that comes with 5.3-RELEASE (patching
manually to cope with the changes to ugen.c since his patch was posted)
and everything has been working like a charm ever since (over a week later)

I was just wondering why this patch was never committed to the tree,
and if it's just been overlooked, is there any reason why it can't be
applied now ?

For reference, my patched up 5.3-RELEASE version, based entirely on
Jays changed merged into the current 5.3-RELEASE version is here:

http://www.bishopston.com/jamie/freebsd/ugen.c-5.3-RELEASE-patched

Thanks,
Jamie