Date:      Fri, 27 Feb 1998 10:34:12 +0100
From:      Eivind Eklund <eivind@yes.no>
To:        Michael Hancock <michaelh@cet.co.jp>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: VFS_VRELE - WILLRELE must die

On Fri, Feb 27, 1998 at 12:48:06PM +0900, Michael Hancock wrote:
> Implement the complement to all vpp generating ops called in the vfs_vn
> layer.  Some people call this making it reflexive.
>
> The 4K tar ball is attached, but I can upload this somewhere if you're
> mailer doesn't do MIME.
>
> Regards,
>

> Mike Hancock
> ------------------
> The intent is to get rid of WILLRELE in vnode_if.src by making
> a complement to all ops that return a vpp, VFS_VRELE.  This is
> initially only for file systems that implement the following ops
> that do a WILLRELE:

Uhm - what might 'RELE' stand for?  My _guess_ is that it is a
shortened form of 'RELEASE', but that's not certain - there are lots
of other possibilities.

If it is 'release', I'd like VFS_VRELE to be renamed to VFS_VRELEASE.
Let's keep things easy where we can.  If it actually is talking about
a 'rele' (a technical name for an automated switch, at least in
norwegian), then disregard the above.  Then I think a rename to
VFS_VSWITCH might be in order, though.

Eivind.